We offer innovative, modernized herbal formulas designed by USA medical doctor and expert Herbalist. There are multiple formulas for each X symptom, which are caused by different pathogenetic mechanisms. For the rationales behind multiple formulas we need to inform you the followings:
1) that any X symptom is a sign of disturbed homeostasis of " bioenergies" which are caused by multiple pathogenetic mechanisms. " Bioenergies", called Qi, Blood, Essence, Yin, and Yang in eastern herbalism, are substantial and dynamic matter and energy transformations flowing through all organs. Biomedically the dynamic transformations happen via all the anabolic and catabolic reactions regulated by intricate cellular and neurohormonal signals. One of the most fundamental example of disturbed homeostasis called imbalance of yin and yang is the production of excess heat during excessive metabolic reactions under the law of thermodynamics. A common case is that of heat produced in brain during excessive mental exertions such as prolonged thinking or worrying too much under stress. Chronic excess heat are also produced in liver when presented with an overload of toxins/ drugs/ some "active chemicals in herbs" which our body try to regulate the concentrations by intricate feed back regulations in addition to protective anatomic boundaries such as blood brain barrier*. Chronic prolonged excess heat produced by the organs must come to an equilibrium with the environment. Heat from organs is transmitted to the surrounding tissues, carried by the blood to oral mucosa, cheeks,ear lobes, soles, and palms causing dry mouth, hot face, palms, and soles, and to hypothalamus which start neurohormonal responses that result in sweating, hotflashes, and heat avoidance behavior. So familiar symptoms of dry mouth, hot flashes, chronic sore throat, night sweating, etc are the final results of disturbed homeostasis from excess heat production.( *A Note: Our opinion is that it is unwise to manipulate to deliver the chemicals into the brain except for the drug treatment of neurological disorders which should be under FDA. An example is amphetaminelike structural analogs of trace amines for the energy boost. )
2) that a single herb or a major chemical constituent of a herb cannot correct all the pathogenetic mechanisms behind an X symptom. In cases of excess heat production by different organs, a single herb cannot slow down cranked up chemical reactions and clear heat in involved organs, or diminish the transfer of heat to peripheral tissues by " cooling blood heat ", or calm down the reactive sympathetic and adrenal responses. Only a well balanced formula with each herb doing her job well can correct all the pathogenic mechanisms causing an X symptom and thus heal. ( for an example, read the explanations of workings of different herbs in the formula Dry Mouth& Throat in Dry Mouth category ),
3) what are the major mechanisms behind each major X symptom by an integrated model of pathophysiology of biomedicine and imbalances of " bioenergies " of eastern herbal medicine
( During this process, a few of certain time honored, misconceived assumptions of biomedicine are pointed out for the sake of understandings of natural herbal medicine and not for advertisement of our knowledges or products),
4) the ways of differentiating each X symptom and arriving at a diagnosis by examing the clusters of associated signs and symptoms often by usage of an algorithm, and
5) finally to offer our readers an appropriate, modernized herbal formula for each diagnosis behind each X symptom.
Our modernized natural herbal formulas, formulated by an American physician,(M.D. in internal medicine, pathology , and herbal medicine) , effectively work for the difficult symptoms arising out of modern western culture.
Why herbal formulas? Instead of a herb? or an active chemical ingredient?
There is no one magic herb for an X symptom , for any symptom has multiple different causative mechanisms. A single herb alone can not untangle the intertwined knots of the roots of an X symptom.
There are pitfalls in using only a single herb. A typical admonition on using a single herbal extract ( often "standardized to x % of a chemical constituent") is to use it for a few weeks at a time, and then to take a week or two of "herbal extract holiday". Why would one need to take a "natural herb holiday" if unwanted effects may not result from prolonged usage of a single herb? Even those Herbs tested by medical research such as “adaptogenic” astragalus root, ginseng, eleuthero root ( siberian ginseng), or ginkgo,etc will lead to imbalances in bioenergy, if used a long term singularly, and may cause “heat build up” and dry mouth,headache,Dizziness,etc. Seemingly innocuous ginger is contraindicated in cough due to bronchitis with dark sputum. Such unwanted effects of the herbs are predictable effects of overusage singularly. Astragalus,ginseng, and ginger are all warm herbs producing heat.When taken by individuals with much heat inside already,”overheating”effects may result in symptoms. Even “foods”cause imbalances. Overeating suger and dairy products chronically causes “sticky” water metabolism,and may result in overproduction of phlegms(read our cough ).
Sometimes,a few herbs with similar functions are randomly assembled,and are presented as “treatments” for an X symptom. A typical example of peppermints, lemon, honey, brown suger,and licorice mixed for cough doesnot show any purposeful treatment strategies,and will not work for productive bronchitis(only peppermints have mild expectorant function of loosening the phlegms,but other herbs here cannot “dissolve phlegms”,direct lung Qi downwards to arrest cough ,or tonify the transformative functions to prevent reaccumulation of phlegms, to use the language of herbal medicine). This way of randomly assembling the herbs supposedly good for an X symptom without treatment designs also is not a herbal formula aiming at harmony and balance of herbs.
Each natural herb contain wonderful ingredients including antioxidants. There are about 500 different eastern herbs routinely used in formulas, and many of them have amazing, biomedical actions by western medical researches done in China, Korea, and Japan; for example, a herb called Shu di huang ( steamed rehmannia ) has antiinflammatory, antioxidant, antimicrobial, antifungal, antiallergic, antipyretic, antineoplastic, as well as adrenal tonic, nervine, sialogue, and neuroprotective actions proven by researches. Rehmannia has more than 30 different iridoids including aucubin with anticancer effects, in addition to more than 20 organic acids, 20 amino acids, sugars, and others including beta-sitosterol. However, Phytochemists have only rudimentary knowledge of how each chemical constituents of a herb or multiple different herbs work synergistically to produce many biological and bioenergetic effects. Although Shu di huang has numerous actions by animal and laboratory researches, eastern herbal medicine never uses shu di huang alone to treat any of the many common ill symptoms caused by disrupted homeostasis. Shu di huang in traditional medicine is one of the supreme tonic herbs that build up the substantial bodily energy ( " kidney yin "; her tonic action is different from astralgus or ginseng which tonify the dynamic bodily energy called " Qi" ). For chronic fatigue due to deficiency of both substantial and dynamic energies, Shu di huang can be used as the king herb, with assistance from other tonic herbs including warm qi boosters, which must be balanced by cooling herbs that clear heat arising from tonification. Phytochemical knowledge of in vitro laboratory studies alone do not give the herbal experts as to how to employ shu di huang in conjunction with assitant herbs for healing an X symptom such as chronic fatigue. Only a well designed herbal formula can bring out the best healing power of a herb such as rehmannia.
Physician's natural herbal formulas, using the language of eastern herbal medicine, eliminate the pathogenetic factors by proper means and routes, tonify the deficient energy flows, strategically open up the blocked energy flows in neurohormonal and vascular networks of organ systems, and restore homeostasis and well being.They are not only safe, but also wholesome.
Graduated Brown University, Magna cum laude, B.A. in biology
M.D. at Northwestern University
Finished Residency in anatomic and clinical pathology at Cedars Sinai Medical center in L.A.
Finished Residency in internal medicine at White Memorial medical center in L.A.
Finished Oriental medicine degree at Samra oriental university in L.A.
In practice of Integrative Medicine in internal medicine and herbal medicine since 1995. Patient visits over 110,000.
*These formulas have been developed out of years of clinical experiences with patients in the internist's medical clinic practicing herbal medicine.
*Herbal formulas are often much superior to conventional biomedicine or single herb extracts, especially in managing or curing chronic symptoms. Nevertheless, all natural herbal remedies are more healing with the personal efforts to follow improved diets, exercises, habits, and mental approaches to life.
FREE SHIPPING FOR 1) AN ORDER OF 2 or MORE for bottles with 120 capsules or powders and 2) for an order of 3 or more for bottles with 100 capsules ( Most Strongly Recommended for chronic symptoms )
ADDITIONAL $ 7.50 OFF FOR EACH BOTTLE FOR AN ORDER OF 3 or MORE bottles with 120 capsules or powders ( Beginning with the 3rd bottle )
Additional 5 % off on all products for repeat customers.
Adult Dose: 6 capsules 2 times daily for chronic conditions, and 6 capsules 3 times daily for acute conditions. For powders, 1 to 1.5 tablespoons in 12 oz hot water twice daily. One can increase the dose usually up to 2X, if the symptoms are severe.
Our herbal products have been tested vigorously for any impurities, pesticides, and heavy metals, and are of the finest herbal pharmaceutical grade in the world. Sheng Chang Pharmaceutical Co., in Taiwan
*Top Grade, Meets the highest level of Pharmaceutical GMP
All the herbal products have not been evaluated by FDA. Herbal products are not intended to treat any disease.